I gave my contributions to my candidates and urged people to register to vote or update their registration and early vote. I signed the petitions on issues that I agreed with to get on the ballot. I encouraged people to vote and become educated on local issues and candidates. But, you know what? I'm tired. I've had my fill, I am done. I didn't watch any debates because I feel they are pointless. I'm tired of people being shitty to each other. I'm tired of bad businesses. I'm tired of fraud, voter suppression, rape illiteracy, climate change denial, anti-intellectuals, and faux outrage. I'm tired of millionaire career politicians. Just shut up, everybody. My god.
Instead of sitting around watching idiot talking heads try to project who the winner is going to be, I'm going to be at home, alone, enjoying a media black-out. I'd rather do nice, pleasant things.
Post-results...
I had an otherwise normal night. Drank lots of water, burned incense, did some stretches, went through this heap of paper on this table, and watched a movie. I was warm and calm all evening. Unplugging is absolutely necessary sometimes.
I'm relieved Obama won, BUT. Tim Griffin (uch) is still in the House. No medical marijuana for our state this time. Arkansas is a deeper shade of crimson. Drone strikes and infinite detention are still a thing. So much work to do!
But, it was a good night for lady senators!
Peace out, Mittens.

6 comments:
That kitten's face--I love it. That's not your cat, is it? I agree with you on the political fatigue...
Carrie: I WISH grumpy cat was mine!
She's hella adorable and I'd take her everywhere with me.
http://www.grumpycats.com/
For every Elizabeth Warren or Tammy Baldwin there's a Syria being ignored or conservative PAC throwing money away. BUT...let's focus on the small progress.
And four more years of Michelle Obama!
This is one reason why I didn't go out and watch others be jubilant. I didn't want to rain on parades. It was/is my with coping. Some days, I am mentally exhausted. It means I need rest. Rest, often needed, often ignored. I was responding to my needs and feelings. Once I feel better, then I can pick up where I left off.
hi AMD!
That's Tard the Grumpy Cat [my new hero].
http://tardthegrumpycat.tumblr.com/
I watched those idiots. Wine didn't make it go down easier and believe me, I tried.
boy do I ever understand needing to be quiet and meet your own personal needs.
I love you! I've got your bday present still!
Post a Comment